Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Freebirds

Yep!  That's right.  Jase is done with his juice fast and guess what he wanted as his first meal?  A burrito.  A new chain popped up in Redondo called Freebirds World Burrito and was it vegetarian friendly?  Yep!  I was a little worried about eating out because I could have made my own veggie burrito at home which would be seasoned to perfection because I have to have food with a lot of flavor; hence, the reason why I add a ton of garlic and onions in most of my savory recipes.

Upon stepping into the establishment, I could hear the sounds of classic rock.  We were immediately greeted by some very friendly servers waiting behind a counter of stocked veggies, proteins and cheese.  Jase was craving meat and he ordered a Monster sized beef burrito.  It must have weighed about 5 pounds and I was amazed watching the server roll up the burrito while keeping all the filling neatly tucked within the tortilla.

I ordered the Freebird sized veggie burrito which is the second largest size they had out of four.  I had no idea this burrito was going to be about a foot tall. 


It was filled with black beans, cilantro rice, roasted peppers, onions, corn salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole and iceberg lettuce wrapped in a wheat tortilla. The rice, beans and roasted peppers were perfectly seasoned.  Fresh.  The flavors were so fresh and I was able to taste the cilantro and lime seasoning from the rice.  Their tortilla chips are devine.  Light, airy and crisp.


There are even instructions along the wall on how to consume this ginormous burrito.  And don't worry, it's even idiot proof with large illustrations on how to stand your burrito upright and peel away just the top portion of the foil wrapper.


Would I return?  Yes.  Would I crave for a Freebird?  Probably not but I think Jase might since he loves burritos.  Did they provide excellent service?  You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment