Friday, January 6, 2012

Sweet and Creamy Cold Kale Smoothie

I learned to cook from my mother at the age of eight.  Everything mum made was magical.  My fondest memories of my mother was watching her whip up a dish for four within 20 minutes using her wok.  And when I was alone at home, I would pretend that I had my own television cooking show.  At the age of ten, I made a lot of broccoli stir fries because I always loved the taste of green veggies.  Fast forward a couple of decades later, I learned to include green veggies in breakfast smoothies.  On some days I will look into my fridge and throw any mild flavored leafy greens in my smoothie such as spinach but today was a kale day.  Who can resist the taste of a refreshing cold kale smoothie?



Sweet and Creamy Cold Kale Smoothie

Serves one

Ingredients
1 frozen banana
1 handful of chopped kale
3/4 cup loosely packed frozen mangoes
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 1/4 cup of hemp milk

Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.




No comments:

Post a Comment