Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lush - Big Shampoo

Last weekend, I went to Old Town Pasadena with Kim and Sherri just to make a stop at LUSH!
I absolutely love all of their products.  What's even better is that they have a line of vegan products!  Yup!  I bought a few vegan beauty products and will be writing my reviews on each product as I try them. 
Talk about employee recognition!  Lush applies a sticker with a cartoon picture and name of the employee who hand makes that particular product. They even list the date the product was made and the expiry date.
Their employees are incredibly friendly.  Maybe too friendly?  So friendly that I walked out of the store going over the budget I originally had in mind, but I was happy with my purchases!  Why?  Because Lush is an ethically responsible company who are against animal testing and utilize biodegradable or recycled packaging.
Big Shampoo was the first product I tried before I almost severed off the tip of my fingers.  The sales associate recommended for me to use Big Shampoo since the roots of my hair tends to get greasy if I don't wash it within 24 hours.  Yes... I am one of the unfortunate ones that can't do without washing my hair for a couple of days.  The shampoo comes in a small tub and you have to scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture and lather it in your palms before applying it on your hair.  There are large grainy pieces of sea salt in the mixture that helps exfoliate my scalp.  I stayed an extra five minutes in the shower just to massage the scalp of my head.  The scent of the shampoo is amazing.  If I were able to stick my nose and sniff the clouds, I would imagine that this is how it smells.  Well... my ideal world would always have rainbows and unicorns but you catch my drift. 
 
I didn't see a drastic difference with the volume in my hair but it did keep my roots from being greasy 24 hours after use and my hair still smelled like fresh clouds the day after.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment