Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chick'n Scallopini With Lemon Caper Sauce On Spaghetti Squash

It's been a busy busy busy past few weeks.  I've had back to back meetings and I am exhausted but yoga has helped roll out the kink in my back!  I enjoy cooking dinners for hubs each day I can but we've both been working so much that my time is limited.  Thank goodness for Gardein products.  They have made my life so much easier.  I prepared the Chick'n Scallopini as directed on the package and made an awesome lemon caper sauce to top over the spaghetti squash I cooked in the microwave in 10 minutes.  This dish was easy and fast!  I melted 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance Butter on a heated skillet, added 1 tablespoon of garlic, 2 tablespoons of capers, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, pinch of Himalayan salt, pinch of pepper, a teaspoon of agave syrup and some chopped scallions.  I stirred the mixture for about 2 minutes and poured over my chick'n scallopini and spaghetti squash. 




2 comments:

  1. How do you prepare the Spagetti Squash...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut the spaghetti squash in half. Spoon out the seeds. Place both halves flesh side down in a microwavable pan with one cup of water. Microwave for 10 minutes and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. The flesh of the spaghetti squash will be ready to scoop out.

    ReplyDelete