Friday, February 17, 2012

The First of Many Trips to Vinh Loi Tofu

hOLy  CaNnOLi!  No... I don't really type like this but this place knocked my socks off!  I had a few business meetings in the valley and since I was there, I asked Alyssa to meet me in Reseda to try Vinh Loi Tofu restaurant.  I have been wanting to try this place for months now and I am already marking my calendar for future trips.

As an appetizer, we ordered the fried lemongrass tofu.  So yummy!  It was super crisp on the outside and soft and moist in the middle.  Lightly salted and the hint of lemongrass flavor was not too overpowering.  They make their own tofu and soy milk so you can definitely taste the freshness opposed to store bought versions.


We also tried their vegan bun thit nuong.  Fresh vermicelli noodles, bean sprouts, seitan, tofu, pickled carrots, pickled radishes and mint leaves tossed in nuoc mam chay sauce.  Soooo good!

My fave out of all the dishes we ordered was their house special soup.  This noodle soup is similar to the teo chow noodle my mom makes.  The chewy rice noodles were cooked to perfection and the savory spicy broth is addicting!  I even ordered one to go for my hubby because I knew he would love it since it's a similar to the staple dish my mom makes but this one was vegan!  Absolutely delicious! 

Suffice to say, this is my favorite restaurant for Vietnamese cuisine! You have to try it!  I also bought a banh mi for my hubs but he never got a chance to taste it after he got home from work.  Oooops!  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment