Monday, February 6, 2012

Elephant Seals

I will be commuting throughout Southern California for business trips all week. Hopefully, I will get a chance to try a new vegan restaurant and update my posts. My business meetings started in Central California this past Saturday and my loving husband was my driver and made sure I traveled safely. In between meetings, he surprised me by taking me to San Simeon to watch thousands of elephant seals swim to shore to give birth and mate. It was a breath taking experience. Although it was a bit of a freak show, I thought it was romantic for my husband to surprise me with this experience since I love animals. These elephant seals are much like humans. They mate for a few minutes and then immediately take naps afterwards. I will post photos later on this week when I return from my meetings.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, You have a typo. Would like to try this new "Began Restaurant" you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for flagging that. I couldn't run a spell check when I was typing on my Kindle. I also added a video of the elephant seals my husband took with his phone.

      Delete